“He not only chose you before you chose Him (John 15:16), and loved you before you had any love for Him (1 John 4:19), but acted upon you before you acted toward Him. He had to speak the quickening word before you could come forth from your spiritual grave (John 11:43), open your blind eyes ere you were able to see your lost condition, change your heart before you were disposed to seek Him, and draw (John 6:44) ere you came to Him. Thus you have no ground for boasting, nothing for which you can take any credit unto yourself. All the glory of your salvation belongs alone unto the Lord.” ~ Arthur Pink, “Found”
In light of all that our Lord has done for us, all we can do is echo the lyrics of the hymn, Here Is Love:
“Here is love vast as the ocean, loving kindness as a flood. When the prince of life our ransom, shed for us His precious blood.”
(John 15:16 KJV) “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”
(1 John 4:19 KJV) “We love him, because he first loved us.”
(John 11:43 KJV) “And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.”
(John 6:44 KJV) “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Ephesians 2:1-9 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
(6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.